Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My Crochet Hook Case

<---NOT!
This is my crochet case that I just made. It was a fast project that I finished in two evenings. I used the pattern Afghan Hooks, Cro-Hooks or Knitting Needle Roll by Priscilla Hewitt. She has two other hook case patterns, one for aluminum hooks and one for steel hooks.



I did adapt this pattern to fit my regular size hooks, steel hooks and plastic hooks.
In the pattern she calls for double crochets to make all of the pockets or sleeves for the hooks, and she also only made 8 pockets total. Her pattern is for the longer 14" hooks with a
change in ( )' s for 10" hooks. I wanted my pockets to fit my 7" hooks.

So, instead of a 51 chain start, I made only 41 chains. Where she calls for 15 sc, then 20 sc, then another 15 sc. I just changed the middle 20 sc for 10 sc, which made my pockets shorter.

I also changed the pockets to fit my larger plastic P and N hooks by using treble crochets instead of double crochets. Then I changed the pockets to fit my steel hooks by using single crochets for double crochets. All of the rest of the pockets are made using the double crochets that she calls for in the pattern.

I made 8 regular dc (double crochet) pockets, then 1 tc (treble crochet) pocket, then 4 sc (single crochet) pockets then 1 more tc (treble crochet) pocket, and ended with 8 more regular dc (double crochet) pockets.

The one other thing I did, was to sl st along the 2 inside edges to tighten them up a bit. These long inside edges are where the ends of your hooks slip under.

Also, instead of buttons I used 50 ch (chain) ties for the ends and one 97 ch (chain) tie for the middle. I knotted the ends and wrap around and instead of tying, the end just wraps under and stays put because of the knot.

I love Priscilla's crochet pattern site and all of the patterns are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! If you want me to get back to you, remember to please leave me your email address.