Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Rest and Relaxing Knitting


Well, I woke up with an awful headache around 5 am, so I took some Excedrin and sat under the hairdryer. (I have a salon in my home, so this dryer is the big bonnet kind.) I can so... sleep under that thing and when my headaches are that bad, at least when I am under the hair dryer the pain immediately subsides. My hubby uses it too for headaches but I have to cover his bald little head with my Turbie Twist towel! Ha!

Anyway, headache is much better so I played around with making a little knitting pin. I have seen these knitted like little flags, socks, etc. and I wanted to see what I could come up with.

What cha' think?

Still needs some improvement, but still cute.

We had a great time yesterday at Charlotte Purls and we had a great turn out. Stacey, Angela, Sophia, Fran, Wendy, Michelle, Diane, Carrie, Alison, Janet and me. Every one's projects are looking so good. Alison's Clapotis is so soft and the color is divine. Diane was knitting on her Fetching and they were coming along nicely. Sophia was knitting on her Lady Eleanor which she is knitting with her own self dyed yarn! She also showed us her new belly dancing hip scarf that she had crocheted. Wendy had finished a beautiful shrug/cape and she modeled it for us. Fran was knitting on her Fetching's and so was Michelle, Wendy and Stacey. I was knitting on my Stained Glass Fan Bag and showing off my other projects. Many of us had multiple projects with us and we were all ooohhing and ahhhing over every one's WIP's.

Angela is new to our group and I think Stacey was helping her get started on a project. Janet is also new, although this was the first time that I had met her, as last meet up I was out of town.
So, welcome to both of you ladies!

We even had a gentleman stop by our table and inquire about out group. Who knows we just might have our first "man purl"! We all said hello and found out that he knits Aran sweaters and socks for his wife and family. Stacey gave him some info and wrote down his email so maybe soon we will get to see some of his FO's.

I got a package this past Friday...

My free skein of Vickie Howell's yarn and a cute little magnet! If you talked about her new upcoming podcast... Craft, Rock, Listen on your blog she would send you a free skein of yarn. I never thought it would get here this fast. It's a small little skein of bamboo and silk in a pale yellow. Not my fav color, but it was free.

I mentioned this to some of my knit friends Saturday (who will remain nameless) and they thought yuck and why would anyone do that for a cheap skein of yarn? Duh ME! LOL
Remember most of my yarn stash is Michael's yarn at a discount! I can't afford to buy only LYS yarns (here is wishing I could), as I love Debbie Bliss, Noro and all those other yummy yarns, but there ain't a thing wrong with my less than $50.00 skeins...LOL Gosh but I have seen yarn that sold in my LYS for over $30.00!
Anyway, my stuff only has to please me and it so does.

Ok, all for now... my knitting is calling me....
"I'm coming"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! If you want me to get back to you, remember to please leave me your email address.