Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2008

Mittens Galore and New Books too...SCORE!

Books, Mittens and Love


Why is it that I just can't let a good coupon go to waste? Are you like that too? Michaels, Hobby Lobby, AC Moore all usually have 40% coupon's on a regular basis in the Sunday paper or that you can print from the web. Well, this past Sunday, Michaels and AC Moore had a 50% coupon that could only be used Sunday and Monday.

My husband and I had to run to Sam's Club for some groceries but first we stopped by AC Moore for me to get a book with my 50% coupon. I picked up this nice hardback, "A Treasury of Rowan Knits", it would normally be $39.99 and I would be hard pressed to purchase it, but with a coupon....SCORE!

I then went next door to the Target and purchased mittens. Lot's and lots' of mittens! Sharon in our Knit Nut's knitting group said that she add's a knitted fun fur cuff to these for special gifts at Christmas. So, I purchased these for myself and duplicates for Aura too, after my friend Pam told me she found them for 18 cents a pair! Again...SCORE!

Hopefully Sharon will teach us how!

Then on to Michaels to use my 50% coupon. I found "The Knitter's Bible of Knitted Accessories" there...(photo above) SCORE!


Last but not least I wanted to share a photo of my daughter's Valentine gift to us.
She sent us some yummy goodies and they were packaged so pretty in a red box with a satin pink ribbon tied in a bow!




She had also included a very sweet note.


Thank you Jennifer...we love you too!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to check out your books. I love those 50% coupons for the pricey books. That is a lot of mittens...but what a deal. What a sweet valentine gift from Jennifer and what a sweet and warm note. She's a special girl. See you soon on Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! But those are too pretty to eat.

    I remember passing by the accessories section at Target a month or two ago, and seeing mitts for a buck each. The thought crossed my mind about why I am bothering to knit mitts when I can buy them for much less $$$. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Connie! so good to see you stop by! Did you ever make that shrug thing for your daughter? wow your blog has all the bells and whistles! whoo! love it! Also great score on the Rowan book , i found it used at a local thrift store and have used it on more than one occaision. you'll love it! here's the link to the flower pot holder:
    http://www.freecraftunlimited.com/flower-hot-pad.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet daughter :) And you really scored on the books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! If you want me to get back to you, remember to please leave me your email address.