Search This Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Maripositas

<---NOT!



My attempt at the Maripositas Stitch




I used Fisherman's Wool and 27 pegs on one side of my 20" RG DA board. I used the backwards purl - knit stitch that Isela shows at her site, www.loomknit.com



It turned out to be 6" x 6" and I want to felt it next, to see how felting the little butterfly stitches will turn out. So I will make sure I post that after I felt it. I added the little bows every 3 rows with no plain rows inbetween, this is why there are so many of them. Oh well, it was just a test swatch...LOL



Thanks Isela for teaching us this beautiful stitch that you admired as a child.

2 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful!! Thank you for showing us a picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great stitch! I'm looking forward to her book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! If you want me to get back to you, remember to please leave me your email address.