Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Character Scarf Patterns and What Loom to use?

I've had many people ask me if my scarf patterns work with the Knifty Knitter boards and the answer is no. Why? Well the gauge is way too large and you can't get a tight enough stitch. You really need to use a regular gauge knitting board and there are many places that you can find them online. I prefer to use the scarf regular gauge boards as my patterns only use 7 pegs. They are sold using pegs or pins, my preference is pegs.
I suggest either the Mini Scarf loom or the Scarf loom at CinDWood Crafts here...
Be sure to ask for either with 5/8 inch spacing.

Another option is the Martha Stewart loom kit which you can find at your local Michaels Arts and Crafts, Hobby Lobby, AC Moore and JoAnn Fabrics. You can use a coupon as well which makes this kit affordable. Then set the pieces up as knitting board and use the pink pegs in every other hole. You can find a preview video here.



" Have a blessed day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! If you want me to get back to you, remember to please leave me your email address.