Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2007

I love needle knitting!



This is my first finished knitted project,
other than simple dishcloth's.
I just started knitting about 6 weeks ago and I just love it! I can crochet like the wind, but was always intimidated by knitting. Well, not anymore! I made this little sleeveless tank for my daughter Jennifer. She is modeling it for me. She lives in St. Petersburg, Florida so I thought it would be appropriate for the warmer climate. It is called Strut Your Stuff.





I also just finished my first project using DPN's. I took a class at my
LYS (Cottage Yarn in Mint Hill) to make these
and I finished them after only my first class!
I have 2 more sessions and I am already done!
These are called Fetching Fingerless Gloves.



Oh, and I also taught my mom who is 65 to knit.
Just proves that you are never too old to learn something new!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I saw your comment on Libby's blog and tracked you back here. You posted these beautiful projects at elann chat too. I am so surprised that this is some of your first knitting. Really impressive. Do you have plans to keep on going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these gloves. Our library gets very chilly during winter. These would be perfect. Thanks for the link. I guess you did them with the recommend yarn. What other yarns would work?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! If you want me to get back to you, remember to please leave me your email address.