Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

My first double knitting project ... Retangly Hat!

I have been lacking in keeping up with this blog, but that doesn't mean I haven't been super busy! I knit, crochet and scrapbook and it seems that I don't have enough time to get to all the projects that I want to complete let alone start. Anyhow, I'd been dabbling in double knit and was intrigued with how you could knit a tube on 2 straight needles with NO purling! 

So, I finally decided to take on a REAL project and this is it! The pattern is by Catherine Hughes and is called "Rectangly Hat". It was a lot easier than I expected it to be and that was due in large part to the excellent way in which Catherine set up the chart. This was by far the easiest chart I have ever followed! Also, a big "Thanks" to Catherine for sharing the pattern for FREE.




 I knit this for my son Justin as he lives in NY and this will be his second winter there. I love how 100% wool keeps the wind out and repels the rain, so he should get lots of use from this hat. My husband is modeling it here and you can see that it's really 2 hats in one as it's totally reversible.


I'm already planning my next double knit hat and am going to try and chart a design myself. I had so much fun following this pattern and also the fact that it fits so perfectly that I asked Catherine if she could share where she got her blank chart for her design? She graciously shared it with me and I can't wait to get started. More on that later. Anyway, why don't you give double knitting a go? 

Click Here for My Ravelry Details
" Have a blessed day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! If you want me to get back to you, remember to please leave me your email address.