Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2008

February ~ Knit Nuts Fun


Knit Nuts Fun

Click to play Knit Nuts Fun
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

We had a great time of knitting and chatting this past Saturday at our Knit Nuts meetup!
First I want to shout out a big "Welcome" to our newest Nut's!

Sharon, Pam and Larissa!

I want to apologize to Sharon for not having snapped any photo's of her. I didn't even think to get out my camera until the meeting was half over and Sharon had already left. I met Sharon this past Christmas when she purchased one of my Santa Scarves from me. She had brought her scarf knitting board and Santa pattern and we got her well on her way to knitting her Santa Scarf. She learned the Lucet cast on and the zig zag wrapping pattern and picked this up very fast. She also needle knits and crochets.

I had invited my friend Pam (whom I have known since the 8th grade) to come and knit with us and she finally had some time that she could come. She works full time and also part time, so it's hard for her to find time for extra activities. She knows how to knit, but it has been a few years since she has, so she just needed a refresher course for knitting and purling. By the end of the meeting she had a pretty nice swatch started and remembered most of what she already knew.

Larissa found us via Ravelry and I believe she already knew Sandy. She lives in the Ballantyne area, so hopefully she will become a regular at our meetup's. She had brought a poncho that she was knitting, that had a very interesting slip stitch pattern, and I am looking forward to seeing the finished results!

Our group is new and we've only met a few times, but I'll call all of us other's that came, the regular "Nuts". Aura, Sheila, Sandy, Rose and me (Connie).

Looking forward to our next knitting get together!

PS... links only work for Raveler's

if you ain't one...then you should be...sign up at
www.ravelry.com

"you don't know what you're missin'"

Edited to add.. We have all decided to knit a baby blanket for charity. I will start it with a 1" border and then 4" in any pattern I choose.
I will then hand it off to the next "Nut" to knit her 4".
The last one to get the blanket will also finish with a 1" border before binding off.
This should give us a nice size baby blanket. Thanks Sandy for coming up with this idea for us. Sandy is also starting one for us, so there will be 2 to hand off at our March meeting!


1 comment:

  1. Look forward to making the baby blanket. Thanks for starting it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! If you want me to get back to you, remember to please leave me your email address.