Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Provo Craft Interchangeable Crochet Hook Set and Serenity Loom

Provo Craft Knifty Knitter Interchangeable Crochet Hook Set

Is this not the coolest crochet hook set? The ergonomic handles will help with hand fatigue that comes with extended periods of crocheting. I have found that my hands actually hurt worse when I crochet than if I am knitting, go figure. This little kit will really come in handy. It comes with crochet hook sizes F-K and it even includes a KK pick tool! Best yet, is it's affordable price of only $19.99! In our area they sell them at AC Moore and Walmart. I had a 50% off coupon for mine which brought the price down to a steal!

sizes F - K + KK hook tool

provo craft crochet hook set

provo craft interchangeable crochet hook set interchangeable hook set

Provo Craft Serenity S Loom and Long Loom Set

I have every loom and knitting board that there is, however I hadn't ever purchased the long loom set by Provo Craft. I just didn't see the need for them as I had other's that I could use. However, when I purchased Isela's newest book "Learn to Knit Cables on Looms" and saw this beautiful cabled wrap pattern (the one on the front cover) and I had to go out and get them. I was able to get my set at Hobby Lobby and use a 40% off coupon!

The Serenity Loom I had heard of and I really wanted to try it out, so I picked it up at Hobby Lobby also while they were having a sale where all looming items were 50% off! I have also seen them on ebay, however they are cheaper at Hobby Lobby. I am not sure if you can use it as a knitting board for a double knitted item or if you just use it as a loom for flat knitting. I will have to play around with it and see.

Another book that I am going to order is "Learn New Stitches on Circle Looms". One of the ladies in our CP knitting group (Sara) had received this in her Purly Swap package. I looked through it and it has some nice ideas. The author Ann Bipes has a wealth of looming information on her blog, Loom Knitting.

pink figure 8 loom

New things! Have you seen these Loom Clips and this Bow Maker? Just more stuff from Provo Craft to check out!

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty neat, I never knew they made interchangeable crochet hook sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to try those hooks Connie. Ergonomic is the way to go to avoid any form of discomfort. You got a deal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! If you want me to get back to you, remember to please leave me your email address.