Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2006

Lime Scalloped Edge Dishcloth






Lime Scalloped Edge Dishcloth



I used Bernat's Cotton Tots Jelly Belly for the body of the dishcloth and Lime Berry for the scalloped edge. I knitted the body of the dishcloth using the Ripple Stitch pattern on Cathy Rodammer's blog. Thanks Cathy!



I crocheted the scalloped edge and I will try to have a video showing how it's done by tomorrow afternoon. Here are the instructions for the scalloped edge.






This scalloped edge is done in two rows, the first row all around is just single crochet. The next row will be your pattern that makes the scalloped edges.



ch = chain
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
st = stitch



Rnd. 1 Start by doing a single crochet stitch all around your dishcloth by making holes about 1/4" apart. You will end back at the corner you started on. Join with a slip st to first sc. ch 1



Rnd. 2 Sc into same sc as slip st, ch 3, 4 dc into same sc as slip st, skip next 3 sc, sc into next sc, * ch 3, 4 dc into same sc as last sc, skip next 3 sc, sc into next sc. Repeat from * all around then join with a slip st to first sc.






Have fun dressing up your new dishcloth and your old ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! If you want me to get back to you, remember to please leave me your email address.